Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mark45
Regular Visitor

Need help for my Line target in my line chart

Hi All,

I Need help on my current project to duplicate the line graph in excel into Power BI chart. I'm having a problem on how to do the target line on power BI. I hope that you will help us on this, Thanks in advance....

This is the Excel file, the line orange is the OTD Target% and has the value for 2023 = 95% and 2024 =98%

Mark45_3-1713317697668.png

This my Power BI desktop Output my target line (orange) seems to be straight and I want to duplicae the output in excel.

Mark45_2-1713317513080.png

5 REPLIES 5
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I cannot understand anything from those screenshots.  Share the download link of the PBI file and show the expected result clearly.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

@Ashish_Mathur sorry, how to attached my power BI desktop here? im new to this site. Thanks

Mark45
Regular Visitor

Hi @MFelix ,

Thanks for the reply, I used dax measure in the refference line (Y-Axis Constant Line) but doesn't work, maybe can u check and help me to inject the right dax.

Please attcehd file.

Thanks in Advance....

OTD Target % = AVERAGE('sample'[OTD target])

Mark45_3-1713406075279.png

Hi @Mark45 ,

The issue is that since you are adding a trending line the month is taken out of context and it's consider for the full period so instead of getting a value per each of the month you get the average for the full period considered in the chartt in this case 95.4%.

Since you are using a line chart add your measure has another line ( you can do it on main axis or secondary axis) and format has a dotted line:

MFelix_0-1713434879722.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mark45 ,

How are you getting that value to the chart? is it based on a value for each month? A calculated measure?

Can you please share same more insights on how you have your data model and the chart setup.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.