Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mysql - Power BI unable connection

Hello to all, I'm trying to connect my MySQL databases to Power BI but I'm getting an error. I checked the previous message on the forum, read the comments and apply suggestion however it didn't work. You can see the error in the figure. Also, you can see admin user details on Mysql. Do I need to give all access or default one is enough for connection to Power BI? I would be happy If you suggest some solutions.

demderballsquad_1-1655194355207.png

demderballsquad_0-1655194315014.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, thanks for answering. I tried with port but it didn't work well. I used ODBC. I created ODBC MySQL Driver and connect it to Power BI. However for my case, firstly I tried MySQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI Driver but I got an error with it after that I tried MySQL ODBC 8.0 Unicode driver and it's working properly. 

demderballsquad_0-1655708728073.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3GZidOwGmM&ab_channel=InternetServicesandSocialNetworksTutorialsfro...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does this service local on remote machine? If yes, please check if the host of the user( admin) is allowed from other ip or some ips you specified. If no, please add a port behind the localhost, such as 3306.

To get data from mysql, only need select permission.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, thanks for answering. I tried with port but it didn't work well. I used ODBC. I created ODBC MySQL Driver and connect it to Power BI. However for my case, firstly I tried MySQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI Driver but I got an error with it after that I tried MySQL ODBC 8.0 Unicode driver and it's working properly. 

demderballsquad_0-1655708728073.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3GZidOwGmM&ab_channel=InternetServicesandSocialNetworksTutorialsfro...

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm glad your question was solved, please mark it as the correct answer so that more people can find it.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.