Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ypatil092
Regular Visitor

Multi Row Card Query

Hello,

Condition : I have Column "Company" and 15 different columns regarding the companies business like Bearing, Plastic, Roll Forming,..etc.

I have filled Yes in them as input only if they are applicable (in excel). 

I want to display this information in Multi-Row Card. but I want to show only those business columns which has 'Yes' to the company that I select from Filter or Slicer.

EG - If I select Company X, it has Roll Forming and Plastics as "Yes". It should only display these two business, others should not be shown. If nothing is slected, I want the card to be blank with no information.

I have used this DAX funtion

Other Commodity =
VAR SelectedCompany = SELECTEDVALUE('Master Data'[Company])
RETURN
CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS('Master Data'),
    FILTER('Master Data', 'Master Data'[Company] = SelectedCompany && 'Master Data'[Plastics]= "Yes" && 'Master Data'[Roll Forming] = "Yes"
    )
)  

and in Filter - "do not display when blank". It worked fine but, when I select nothing it shows me values.

To showcase blank value when nothing is selected I used this - 

Plastic_BL = IF(ISFILTERED('Master Data'[Company]),LASTNONBLANK('Master Data'[Plastic],1),BLANK())

Please note - i have not but all the column names in the DAX as i wanted to test the formula. 

2 REPLIES 2
ypatil092
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-yifanw-msft ,

Thank for your reply,

The formula that you said works! But with my logic it worked the same.

(Figure1)

ypatil092_1-1708604635810.png

But my task is whenever no company is selected, the card should not have anything written in them. (Just like when we select a card and have not provided any inputs)

I hope you understand my concern! Waiting for your reply

v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ypatil092 ,

Based on your description, you need to create a measure for each business column that returns the business name if the selected company is involved in that business, otherwise BLANK(). You can then add these measures to a multi-row card.

1.Below is an improvement for one of the business columns (e.g. Plastics). You can copy this logic to other business columns. Using the template above, create a measure for each business column.

Plastics_Display =
VAR SelectedCompany =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Master Data'[Company] )
RETURN
    IF (
        SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Master Data'[Plastics], "No" ) = "Yes"
            && SelectedCompany <> BLANK (),
        "Plastics",
        BLANK ()
    )

2. Add these new measures to the multi-row card.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired out put and pbix file without privacy information.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.