Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

marcindudar
Regular Visitor

Moving names from table to multiple filters (drag and drop)

Hello dear BI community,

I have an issue where I want to be able to fasten my work with filters but I can't find any good solution for it. Here's the problem and visualization of it (I simplified it to 10 names, my original table has over 100 names).

In short: looking for "drag and drop" option.
I have table containing names and values and I want to be able to copy/move/anything Name (from table on the right) to 5 different filters.
It should look like this after copying/moving names to filters below in PBI (from table on right to filters on left):

marcindudar_1-1712233221997.png

The issue is that I don't want to filter it by hand because of so many names in table (more than 100). Is there any good solution for it?

Regards

1 REPLY 1
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marcindudar ,

Based on the information you provided, you want to apply the names in the table as filters to multiple filter panes in Power BI without having to manually select each name.Power BI does not currently offer a direct drag and drop feature for copying or moving items directly from the table to multiple filter panes, but consider using the following methods to accomplish your goal However, you can consider using the following methods to achieve your goal:

1. Consider using a slicer on the report page instead of moving names to the filter pane. You can create a slicer that lists all names and users can select the names they are interested in, which will filter the data throughout the report page. Please visit for more information about slicers:
    Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
  2. If the filtering needs are more complex and you need to dynamically apply names as filters based on specific conditions, consider using DAX to create calculated columns or metrics that you can then use to filter the data.
  3. If you need to pre-screen data before it reaches the report, consider using Power Query to apply these filters. Learn more about Power Query here:
    What is Power Query? - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.