Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

srpeters
Helper I
Helper I

More entries in tooltip

Hello,

In my tooltip for a pichart I want to display everyones names instead of just the first or last name in the name column. If this is possible, how would I go about it? Would this require DAX? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You'll need to create a "page tooltip" but I must warn you that most likely not all the names will be shown due to size and scale. 

Follow this documentation but essentially you need to create a new page, allow it to be used as a tooltip in Page information settings. Then adding a table there with your complete names and the gender. Then, go back to your pie chart > Format > General > Tooltips > select the recently created page.

I attached you an example for your reference.

ray_aramburo_1-1707236810776.png

Did I answer your question? Give your kudos and mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ray_aramburo
Super User
Super User

First of all, how is your pie chart looking like and how are names involved with it?

As a heads up, you can add any field you like to the tooltips by placing them on the Tooltips field:

ray_aramburo_0-1707234189383.png

My Pichart shows the gender of each person in my table. When I hover over the "Male" section of this graph, I want the tooltip to list all the males names. Currently it is only giving me the option to have the first or last name listed. 

You'll need to create a "page tooltip" but I must warn you that most likely not all the names will be shown due to size and scale. 

Follow this documentation but essentially you need to create a new page, allow it to be used as a tooltip in Page information settings. Then adding a table there with your complete names and the gender. Then, go back to your pie chart > Format > General > Tooltips > select the recently created page.

I attached you an example for your reference.

ray_aramburo_1-1707236810776.png

Is there a way for the tooltip to stayin one spot to allow me to scroll through the names? When I attemt to scroll through them, the tooltip goeas away after a second or two of scrolling. 

No, unfortunately that is the behavior from tooltips, the most you can do is to adjust the size of the tooltip page to make it huge, but anyways, a long list of records won't show fully. You might as well explore drill through feature as a workaround. 

Hola, creo que tengo una duda similar al primer comentario, en mi caso en el cuadro que se muestra por defecto quiero mostrar más de un dato de una misma columna, me explico, tengo un gráfico de barras que muestra los días en que se realizó un inventario, en el popup se muestran varios datos que agregue, pero hay uno que es el nombre del proveedor y son varios por día, cuando agrego la columna al tooltip solo me muestra el primero o el último, se pueden mostrar todos? O debo crear una hoja aparte con la información?

Gracias 

En relaciones 1 a muchos, en el tooltip aparecerá la primera ocurrencia alfabética. Tienes dos opciones, hacerlo en una tabla/gráfico aparte donde puedas ver todos o tendrías que ir a Power Query para crear una lista de esos proveedores y concatenarlos en una sola celda. Checa cómo puedes hacer esto en estas dos ligas: liga 1 , liga 2. 

Es muy probable que salga cortada la lista de cualquier forma dado el tamaño del tooltip.

asi es como sale ahora, la segunda fila categoria, la tengo en otra tabla, 

Jhophshepht_1-1713883731419.png

si lo hago normal, me sale solo un nombre

Jhophshepht_2-1713883881452.png

la idea es que salgan todos estos.

COLISEO CV TRADING
COMERCIAL MARSHALL Y SALAS SPA
MODULBOX SPA
NUTRISCO CHILE S A
SOCIEDAD PUNTA DE LOBOS SA
TAMY SPA
TECNOPAPEL S A

Creo que los link no me funcionan, sera posible hacerlo sin una pagina aparte?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.