Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

billyrich83
Frequent Visitor

Monitoring workload

Hi all, 

I've been tasked with monitoring our team's workloads, especially those jobs that have been with us for a certain amount of time and have not been addressed. 

I'm looking to create a report listing the jobs assigned to each project manager. This report will be refreshed once a month, and I was wondering if there is a way for the report to flag up if the status of a job hasn't changed since the last refresh.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance. 

Billy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @billyrich83 

Unfortunately, in Power BI, there is no option to save snapshots of calculated data that is refreshed periodically.

This means that it is not possible to compare a report before a refresh to a report after a refresh to alert that the data has not changed.

What can be done is to export the data to Excel using Power Automate and then load it back and perform the comparisons.

Check this guide if it can help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTkbC8zhA5k

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @billyrich83 

Unfortunately, in Power BI, there is no option to save snapshots of calculated data that is refreshed periodically.

This means that it is not possible to compare a report before a refresh to a report after a refresh to alert that the data has not changed.

What can be done is to export the data to Excel using Power Automate and then load it back and perform the comparisons.

Check this guide if it can help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTkbC8zhA5k

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I will have a play about with this and see if I can get it to work for me 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.