Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Shineccx007
Helper I
Helper I

Measurement is not showing correct

Hello!

I created several measurement.

Measurement "Inventory Quantity On Hand " showing in the left matrix is correct with all the quantity detail per item code.

Measurement "Ongoing Order Quantity" showing all the open sales orders need to be shipped from another table. Detailed quantity showing correct on the right.

But when I try to drag "Inventory Quantity On Hand" to the right table matrix, the detail quantity is not showing correct. And the "Stock - Order" measurement is using total quantity from "Inventory Quantity On Hand" - detail quantity per "Ongoing Order Quantity".

What shall I do to make the column showing detail correct on the right table matrix?

Thanks!

Shineccx007_0-1712006699049.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
cdcarnes
Frequent Visitor

I am sure someone esle might be able to give you a more detailed explanation but it looks like a filtering issue to me.  Just a quick look at your screenshots looks like you are pullling [Inventory Quantity On Hand} from a table called WarehouseEntries and [Ongoing Order Quantity] from a table called SalesOrdersLine46.  

Both of those sound like fact tables to me so they can't be joined together.  Not sure where your "NO" collumn is coming from but I would check to make sure it has a relationship with both of the other tables and start there. 

Hope that helps a little.  

View solution in original post

Hello Jianpeng,

I drag the NO from the table connected to both Warehouse Entries and Sales Order Line and the issue was resolved. Seems I need to get the common linked column to the table if I need to have the related connected data show on the same table matrix. Thank you!

Shine

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Shineccx007 

Thanks @cdcarnes . In your report, are the No columns used by the two table visuals the same column? Also, Salesordersline46 may have an impact on the Inventory Quantity on hand measure. You should add an option to clear this filter in this measure, something like ALLSELETED('Salesordersline46'[Quantity]). This should clear out the effects of external filtering, which you can try.

By looking at your DAX expressions, you see that multiple tables are involved, so you check the relationships between the tables to make sure they are correct.

If you can provide a sample PBIX file that does not contain private data, it will quickly help you solve the problem at hand.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Jianpeng,

I drag the NO from the table connected to both Warehouse Entries and Sales Order Line and the issue was resolved. Seems I need to get the common linked column to the table if I need to have the related connected data show on the same table matrix. Thank you!

Shine

cdcarnes
Frequent Visitor

I am sure someone esle might be able to give you a more detailed explanation but it looks like a filtering issue to me.  Just a quick look at your screenshots looks like you are pullling [Inventory Quantity On Hand} from a table called WarehouseEntries and [Ongoing Order Quantity] from a table called SalesOrdersLine46.  

Both of those sound like fact tables to me so they can't be joined together.  Not sure where your "NO" collumn is coming from but I would check to make sure it has a relationship with both of the other tables and start there. 

Hope that helps a little.  

Shineccx007
Helper I
Helper I

More details on the measurement DAX:

Shineccx007_0-1712007029003.png

Shineccx007_1-1712007041220.png

Shineccx007_2-1712007051253.png

Shineccx007_3-1712007076527.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.