Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Nobleks
Advocate I
Advocate I

Matrix Visualization not showing all the data unless the row is shorted

I am not seeing all the data for representatives unless I shorten the Agent Name which seems unnecessary. I have checked the relationship and it's many to one for the Agent Name table and the Data table. I have the filter showing everything (including columns with no data). I have this same table on two other reports with no issues (granted those teams have a lot more activity). It appears there is something going on with the data in the columns section of the visualization, but I'm stumped as it is a text column.  Thoughts?

Nobleks_0-1710512211211.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Nobleks 

Since you mentioned that the issue doesn't appear in other reports with larger datasets, it's critical to double-check the data model and relationships, especially between the agent name table and the data table. Make sure that the relationship settings are consistent across all reports.

In the columns section of the visualization, if the agent name is a text column and it affects data visibility, consider reviewing the configuration of the matrix visual. Specifically, see how to use the Agent Name field in the Rows or Columns area of the matrix. For more insights into configuring the matrix visual, see the links below:

Create a matrix visual in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the issue persists, explore the visibility and formatting options for the matrix visual. Sometimes, adjusting the visibility settings or the format and display of the data can help resolve issues related to data not being displayed as expected.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for responding. I double checked the relationship settings several times as I thought that was the initial issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've also checked the filters multiple times and I've even pasted the visual from one report to the other to see what would happen, and it's still being an issue. I'm going to read those two links you posted and see if there is something underlying that is being the problem on this visualization.

Thank you,

Nobleks
Advocate I
Advocate I

I added a zero into the one sum formula, but it seems like a poor patch to fix the issue, and I don't seem to have the issue with the other two reports. However, as mentioned, those other two reports have larger data sets. 

ReasonCode Sum =
VAR Total_Hours =
SUMX(
'Reason Codes',
HOUR('Reason Codes'[AGENTSTATETIME])+ MINUTE('Reason Codes'[AGENTSTATETIME])/60 + SECOND('Reason Codes'[AGENTSTATETIME])/3600
)+0
Var HoursTotal = (Total_Hours)
Var HoursInt = TRUNC(HoursTotal)
Var MinutesTotal = (HoursTotal - HoursInt)*60
Var MinutesInt = Trunc(MinutesTotal)
Var SecondsTotal = Round( (MinutesTotal - MinutesInt)*60,0)
RETURN
FORMAT(HoursInt,"00")&" "&FORMAT(MinutesInt,"00")&" "&FORMAT(SecondsTotal,"00")&" "

Nobleks_0-1710519687821.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.