Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

michaelsh
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Matrix Totals are no longer always visible when scrolling

Matrix Totals used to be always visible at the bottom.

Even if a user had to scroll down to see more values - the Total row was always visible.

Not any more...

Is there a setting for this?

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @michaelsh 

According to your description, you can try to open and close the “Row total” and “Column total” of your Matrix here:

v-robertq-msft_0-1615447717610.png

If you find it impossible to see the Matrix Total when scrolling, you can try to follow this blog to get the Matrix total of the left or front of your Matrix:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-put-the-row-and-column-subtotals-in-front-of-...

And you can get what you want.

If you still have a problem, you can also go to the Power BI Idea to post a new idea, I will also vote for you.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hiolka

It looks like the Grand Total row is visible only when you have the setting of Row headers "stepped layout - ON". Once you disable it (OFF), the grand total row disappears and you need to scroll down to find it... I find it frustrating too. Maybe there is another setting that helps to pin the grand total row, I haven't found it yet.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @michaelsh 

According to your description, you can try to open and close the “Row total” and “Column total” of your Matrix here:

v-robertq-msft_0-1615447717610.png

If you find it impossible to see the Matrix Total when scrolling, you can try to follow this blog to get the Matrix total of the left or front of your Matrix:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-put-the-row-and-column-subtotals-in-front-of-...

And you can get what you want.

If you still have a problem, you can also go to the Power BI Idea to post a new idea, I will also vote for you.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@michaelsh , Somehow, I see grand total as fixed(at bottom) in the case of the matrix in Feb 2021 version, hope you have not disabled grand total

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.