Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Juli2102
Frequent Visitor

Live-Date in PBI report with Sharepoint List

Hi Community, 

I have a question regarding automatic refresh of PowerBI-Dataset, which is based on a SharePoint-List. 

As mentioned, I have a SharePoint-List as a datasource, which is continously updating (within minutes). New items will be added and existing items will be edited in a high frequence. 
Therefore, I would need to update the PowerBI-Dataset in a high frequence to have live data in the report. Unfortunately, I am able to implement only 8 automatic data refreshes with a frequence of 30 minutes. 

Now, I am looking for a solution which enables me to update the dataset in a higher frequence. Real-time data would be the best, but every 5 minutes would be enough as well. 

Could you please help me? What is the best way to achieve this? 
I already read that the connection in PowerBI needs to be a direct query. Can I do this with the SharePoint-List or can I write the items in a separate database (using PowerAutomate), which is connected to a direct query database?

I would be very thankful to hear some Best Practices.

Thank you very much in advance! 
Best regards, 

JS

2 REPLIES 2
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Juli2102 ,

there's live data and direct query, so checl which one worls the best for you

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-live-connect-dq-datasets

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi, 

thanks for your answer. I know that there is the possibility of direct query. 
I am looking forward to a solution what is the best way for getting the SharePoint List, respectively the items from the list, in a direct query. Is it necessary to build a SQL databse?

Can you describe what is the best way to achieve this? 
Thanks in advance. 

Best regards, 
Julian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.