Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ibrahim_shaik
Helper IV
Helper IV

Line Chart X axis range switch

Hi Power Bi Community,

I use line chart with timestamp and date on x axis.

I have a date filter to filter the line chart.

when i select one day it shows 24 hour timestamps which is fine.line chart range.png

But when i select more than 1 day that is two or three days it does not show the selected days hourly timestamps in the chart it only adds up the y axis values for the same timestamps and displays the graph for the selected number of days.

So i used drill up and then one level down hierarchy then it gives all the timestamps of each day separately but then i have to horizontally scroll which i don't want.

And then I used continuous X axis even that didn't solve when i select more than 1 day it gives only 12 AM to next day 12 AM range it want next day timestamps as well.

x axis range.png

Please suggest a solution.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
VillyMBI
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Ibrahim_shaik ,

It looks like you have taken the proper steps, but I would like to know how you created the DIM DATE TIME table and its relationship with your FACT table to understand your situation. 

I have not created Date time table separately it's in the same table with the fields that i have used in the line chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.