Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Stubbyfly

Issues with datasets refreshing.

Hi 

I have published a couple of data sets form powerBI desktop to theonline service. 

I can manually re-publish them to refresh but the auto-refresh or manual refresh within the online service fails with the following error.

"Data source error: Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 86bd210c-6f54-4a30-9e6f-448b07264b65
Request ID: ef3e2f69-3aa4-f3ce-4bfc-acbfa15124a6
Time: 2023-05-12 14:51:08Z"

I am the dataset owner and the credentials area, in the dataset settings, is greyed out and cannot be edited.

Stubbyfly_0-1684054730784.png

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Stubbyfly , Open the gateway connection and check, it seems like you have used some source that needs a gateway and is not configured. Unless you do that next option will not be eanbled

Ok I set up the gateway and that works through the day when I am at work but it failed overnight because my laptop was turned off.

Can I have multiple people set up with gateways to update if I am out of the office?
Or do I just need to find a computer I can leave on and logged on?

Thanks

The gateway solution is not ideal as that requires the computer to be on at all time for refresh correct?

The data source is just an excel sheet on sharepoint / teams.
Could this be a seting that my organistaion has in place?

saud968
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I am also facing same I will let you know if I find something

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.