Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

z_mike_90

Issues with Text Wrap

I have a table visual where the text wrap in a column is turned on.  However, there is an issue with carriage returns being automatically inserted when the column size decreases:

power bi text.png

When I increase the size of the column width, the carriage returns are gone.  I checked the text and I don't see any ascii values.  I only see the returns with the dynamic sizing of the column.  Expanding the width of the column is not the option I want due to lack of real estate on the table.

How do I correct the text formatting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @z_mike_90 

Given you've mentioned that you have open the text wrap.

So I speculate that maybe there are some non-visible characters in your data, although you mentioned not seeing any ASCII values, it might be helpful to double-check your data for any non-visible characters that could be interpreted as carriage returns. Sometimes, data imported from external sources can contain hidden characters.

Maybe you can try this function in power query which returns a text value with all control characters of removed:

Text.Clean()

Text.Clean - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
z_mike_90

Hi Zhengdong,

That worked.  Thanks for your help.

v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @z_mike_90 

Given you've mentioned that you have open the text wrap.

So I speculate that maybe there are some non-visible characters in your data, although you mentioned not seeing any ASCII values, it might be helpful to double-check your data for any non-visible characters that could be interpreted as carriage returns. Sometimes, data imported from external sources can contain hidden characters.

Maybe you can try this function in power query which returns a text value with all control characters of removed:

Text.Clean()

Text.Clean - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.