Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sochoa
Frequent Visitor

Inventory . Replenish Stock

Hello,

I have a little issue. I have already calculated how many products I need in order to replenish each products to the shop so as to reach 6 months of sales - stock. The topic is that I know how many products, but I would like to define how many Pallets I need and set which one of them. (Old one are priorized above the new ones) . Each pallets has different amounts of product and different number. How can I define how many and which ones pallets should I take in order to replenish those products?

I add the dashboard,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JXODOfQ95O0x67ktDL3ynTFCxAHBGjG1/view?usp=sharing

I will wait for your answer

Best regards,
Replenish Stock.png

Sebastian

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI is a reporting tool, not an inventory management tool.  Use a tool that was designed for the job.

lbendlin_0-1712258865342.png

View solution in original post

Use SUMMARIZE or SUMMARIZECOLUMNS to collect all scenarios, calculate the measure for each of them, and then tally up the result.

lbendlin_0-1712860395581.png

I have never use summarize and summarizecolumns. I do not know how it would work.would you help me , and would you face this problem ? I'm really going to appreciate it

please look at the file I included.

8 REPLIES 8
sochoa
Frequent Visitor

Wonderful !!

sochoa
Frequent Visitor

Good afternoon 

May I calculate how many of those are painted in green or I would not be able to calculate it? 

Best regards,

Please let me know if you know how I could do it

You need to materialize the measure before you can count that.

I m sorry, I do not understand. How can I "materialize" the measure ?

Use SUMMARIZE or SUMMARIZECOLUMNS to collect all scenarios, calculate the measure for each of them, and then tally up the result.

lbendlin_0-1712860395581.png

I have never use summarize and summarizecolumns. I do not know how it would work.would you help me , and would you face this problem ? I'm really going to appreciate it

please look at the file I included.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI is a reporting tool, not an inventory management tool.  Use a tool that was designed for the job.

lbendlin_0-1712258865342.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.