Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ajomat
Frequent Visitor

Incremental loading from MySQL database to fabric Lakehouse using Dataflow

Hello everyone,
I have a query about performing an incremental loading from MySQL database to Fabric Lakehouse, but it seems like my queries are not foldable. I read from some other internet sources that without foldable queries incremental refresh is not possible and also query folding is not supported in MySQL. How can I get around this? Is there any alternative solution ? Thanks in advance...
4 REPLIES 4
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hello! What steps do you have applied in Power Query? Assuming your source supports query folding, it is likely that one of the steps you applied broke the query folding. You can try to right click on the steps in Power Query and see if View Native Query is greyed out. If it is greyed out on the first step (Source) then this trick won't work to identify which step is breaking your query folding. If it is not greyed out, keep checking each step - when you get to a step the is greyed out this is the step that broke your query folding. You will need to remove it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi,

Thank you for the response.
It seems like my queries are not foldable at the source.

I followed the same step in SQL server database and the query was folding at source (the source was not greyed out and was marked as green - Screenshot below). It worked there.

ajomat_1-1715334797731.png

But when I used MySQL database the source is greyed out and the incremental refresh is not working anymore. This is what I could see in the window (screenshot below).

ajomat_0-1715334121253.png

Hi @audreygerred ,thanks for the quick reply, I'll add further。

Hi @ajomat ,

Regarding your question, the documentation does not state that Mysql supports query folding. If query folding is missing, then incremental refresh loses its meaning. There is no specific solution for the moment, you can only move the data to a data source that supports query folding. For example, SQL Server.

Query folding on native queries - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Thank you @v-zhouwen-msft for the response. 
Yes, it seems like there is no other solution at the moment. I hope Microsft will rectify this in the next update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.