Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jack_Reacher
Helper II
Helper II

Incorrect display of date after implementing the code in query editor

I'm fairly new to Power BI, and I'm encountering an issue with the display of the "Action Date/Time" column in my Power BI report and seeking any helpful suggestions on how to resolve it.

Please find below a sample BI file and sample data attached:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15OSktBbdm8rnZnSjzNilRWuz4tFpC3Pv?usp=drive_link

or https://app.nihaoconsult.com/u/d/5d8b0fe3fd9b4d5cb601/

Here's a breakdown of the problem and the relevant data:

The table is related to tickets assigned by two people to different technicians. The "Action Date/Time" column is displaying the date and time when the ticket was returned by the technician to the person who can then either send it back to the technician or close it. In my Power BI report is not displaying the correct dates for occurrences of actions taken on tickets. Despite having the correct raw data, the displayed dates in the report after implementing the query editor are inaccurate.

Problem Details:
Consider the ticket with ID 17920818. Here's a summary of the correct action dates and their corresponding durations:
1. **First Occurrence:** Meryem responded to Salma on 12/03/2024 18:13:20 (duration: 1.01)
2. **Second Occurrence:** Meryem responded to Salma on 25/03/2024 16:48:43 (duration: 1.18)
3. **Third Occurrence:** Meryem responded to Salma on 03/04/2024 17:47:20 (duration: 7.64)

Results in Power BI (Incorrect): 

Jack_Reacher_0-1713168731353.png

Any insights or suggestions on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jack_Reacher ,

I can not download the pbix file. 

vrongtiepmsft_0-1713233890919.png

Are you doing the right thing in the power query? Is the data displayed correctly in the power query?

Ensure that the "Action Date/Time" column in your Power BI model is set to the correct data type. Power BI should recognize it as a data type.Set and use date tables in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you've applied transformations in the Query Editor, ensure there's no data type mismatch that could be causing the issue. Sometimes, date and time columns imported as strings can lead to incorrect interpretations.

Best practices to optimize Q&A - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.