Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Rashidb84
Resolver I
Resolver I

Including a zero value period in Line chart calculated via Measure

Hi Guys,

I've created a line Chart by using two measures:

Blue line

Rashidb84_1-1708713554043.png

Green line

Rashidb84_2-1708713583654.png

The line chart result is as follows:

Rashidb84_0-1708713489264.png

How can I make sure the blue line which has a value of ZERO in P5 is pulled through?

Is that possible with a measure?

I know that some things unfortunately aren't possible with Measures in PowerBI.

Thank you!!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
nsexton12
Resolver II
Resolver II

Your issue is that the count function returns null instead of 0 if there are no values. So, you need to modify your formula with an IF statement to allow it to return 0 when the count is 0. The formula is below. 

CALCULATE1 = IF(CALCULATE(COUNT(Table2[Profit Center]),FILTER(Table2,Table2[Profit Center] = "P736064")) = 0, 0 ,CALCULATE(COUNT(Table2[Profit Center]),FILTER(Table2,Table2[Profit Center] = "P736064")))

View solution in original post

Rashidb84
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi nsexton12,

Thank you very much for your help. I will try the advised formula for my learning process. 

I literally just sorted the issue slightly differently:

NEW formula Blue line:

Stock PO's GR'd by Finance =
VAR ForceZero = COUNTROWS('3 Source_KE5Z') > 0
VAR Amt = calculate(count('3 Source_KE5Z'[Profit Center]),filter('3 Source_KE5Z','3 Source_KE5Z'[Profit Center]="P736064")) + If(ForceZero, 0)
RETURN Amt

result
Rashidb84_0-1708715032932.png

Keep learning.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rashidb84
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi nsexton12,

Thank you very much for your help. I will try the advised formula for my learning process. 

I literally just sorted the issue slightly differently:

NEW formula Blue line:

Stock PO's GR'd by Finance =
VAR ForceZero = COUNTROWS('3 Source_KE5Z') > 0
VAR Amt = calculate(count('3 Source_KE5Z'[Profit Center]),filter('3 Source_KE5Z','3 Source_KE5Z'[Profit Center]="P736064")) + If(ForceZero, 0)
RETURN Amt

result
Rashidb84_0-1708715032932.png

Keep learning.

Nice! There are always many ways to solve each problem. Could you please mark my reply as a solution if it worked for you?

Yes, It did work. Took a little longer as I'm new to PBI and tried to apply it to my situation.

Thank you!!!

nsexton12
Resolver II
Resolver II

Your issue is that the count function returns null instead of 0 if there are no values. So, you need to modify your formula with an IF statement to allow it to return 0 when the count is 0. The formula is below. 

CALCULATE1 = IF(CALCULATE(COUNT(Table2[Profit Center]),FILTER(Table2,Table2[Profit Center] = "P736064")) = 0, 0 ,CALCULATE(COUNT(Table2[Profit Center]),FILTER(Table2,Table2[Profit Center] = "P736064")))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.