Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Cedbont
Regular Visitor

In a visual, get table values updated with another table value

Hi there!

I have got PBIX file that features a table indicating:

- Training courses (courses A, B, C...)

- For each training course, there can be several training sessions (with start and end dates, location...: sessions A1, A2..., B1, B2..., C1, C2...)

- And the price of one seat in a training session.

The price depends on the training course (A, B, C...) and on the type of client (inhouse or external).

So for session A1, we get 2 prices depending the client type. Same principle and same prices for session A2. Same principle but potentially different prices for session B1 (course A is different to course B). Etc.

My PBIX file also features a slicer that helps filtering the above-described table with the client type. Indeed, I want to display only the training courses (hundreds), hence sessions (thousands), dates... that fit the type of client I selected in the slicer. This works perfectly fine.

Here is an example:

Cedbont_0-1698919914773.png

Here are also the links between the tables that feed the model (in this image, code means training course code):

Cedbont_1-1698920193489.png

My trouble is: how to display in my visual, in my table, the price of each course that changes with the type of client that I select?

What I tried:

- Add a calculated column in the 3 - Price

- Calculcate in this new column the price for external clients based on the already available column of the price for the inhouse clients

What I would have liked to work (that did not work, of course...):

- Display in the table (visual) the correct price depending on the course and the type of client that I selected in the slicer.

Would anyone have a clue on how to have the correct price displayed in the last column of my table?

Thanks a lot for your able (I am just a beginner)

Cedbont

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Cedbont
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

I have found a workaround. I would appreciate if you told me this was the best way or not.

Instead of having a link between tables 1-Sessions and 3-Prix (prices), I:

• Deleted that link
  • Created a new one between 2-Clients and 3-Prix (prices)
  • Created a new price thanks to a new calculated column in 2-Clients that could use as arguments both the reference price located in 3-Prix and the client type located in 2-Clients
  • Called that new price in my table (visual).

Cedbont

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cedbont
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

I have found a workaround. I would appreciate if you told me this was the best way or not.

Instead of having a link between tables 1-Sessions and 3-Prix (prices), I:

• Deleted that link
  • Created a new one between 2-Clients and 3-Prix (prices)
  • Created a new price thanks to a new calculated column in 2-Clients that could use as arguments both the reference price located in 3-Prix and the client type located in 2-Clients
  • Called that new price in my table (visual).

Cedbont

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.