Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Boeboey
Frequent Visitor

How to visualize asset operating or not based on boolean and duration?

Hi,

We have collected a lot of data from some sensors in Power BI. The data tells us is an asset os operating (operational boolean 0 or 1) and how long this status goes on (=duration).

0 = asset not operating

1 = asset operating

Sequential values 1 = asset operating at different speed

The stacked area chart below gives an idea of what we are looking for. But we want to have a stacked bar chart to visualize this. The one below is just making the SUM of all operational 0 and 1.

Operational_Sensor_24h.png

What is want is something like this:
Operational_Sensor_24hb.png

Any idea how to achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Boeboey 

I'm afraid it's not supported yet, you can't apply data in time duration format to the axis of a stacked bar chart.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Boeboey
Frequent Visitor

Meanwhile, I implemented a ood work-around:

schematic_overview.png

I converted my timestamps to a decimal value. This resulted in values from 0 (beginning of the day) to 24 (end of the day). The X-axis is the duration of each asset status. The Y-axis is the day of the month.

I also added a ranking starting from 0 for each day. I've added the ranking a Legend.

The only issue I still had was the conditional formatting of the bars of the chart. As the was no conditional formatting possible for a stack bar chart, I had to assign the colors manually (grey=not working, green=working).

After all, I'm very happy with the result. This chart is now used by Operations to check the availability of our assets.

Boeboey
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Team _ Eason for the reply.

Not the answer I was hoping for. But I'll try to find a work-around.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Boeboey 

I'm afraid it's not supported yet, you can't apply data in time duration format to the axis of a stacked bar chart.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.