Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Tracy000
Frequent Visitor

How to show slicer values base on other selected slicer value

Hi team,

Good day. I got a problem which need your kind advise, thank you.

I created 3 slicers in my dashboard.
Slicer1: FISCAL_TIME_TYPE (it includes 3 values, Year, Quarter, Month)
Slicer2: BASE_FISCAL_TIME (the values will show dynamiclly base on the selected value in FISCAL_TIME_TYPE slicer, if Quarter is selected, then BASE_FISCAL_TIME will show all the quarters, if Year is selected, then BASE_FISCAL_TIME will show all the years)
Slicer3: COMPARE_FISCAL_TIME (similar like BASE_FISCAL_TIME slicers)

Here I have a BASE_FISCAL_TIME slicer and a COMPARE_FISCAL_TIME slicer, because I created 2 date tables to join with fact table, I want to pass the different fiscal time to do the comparison between BASE_FISCAL_TIME and COMPARE_FISCAL_TIME. For FISCAL_TIME_TYPE slicer, I created a table only includes value Year, Quarter, Month, without any relationship with any table currently.

Tracy000_0-1714805046106.png

Can you please help on how to show the values in BASE_FISCAL_TIME and COMPARE_FISCAL_TIME base on the selected value in slicer FISCAL_TIME_TYPE?

Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That would be a question for your data model. can you show that?

Hi @lbendlin , thanks for your reply.

I attached an example model for your reference.

I have 2 dim tables about date, 1 is date table, the other is compare_date table. These 2 date table join with fact table (1 to many).
 I created 2 date table because we have requirement to compare the data, for example, to compare the data between different year for different scenarios.

Now I want to achieve that when I choose FISCAL_YEAR from FISCAL_TIME_TYPE, the base year and and compare year could be changed to year, if I choose FISCAL_QUARTER from FISCAL_TIME_TYPE, the base year and compare year could be changed to quarter accordingly.

Can you please kindly help? many thanks.  

Tracy000_2-1714958819531.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.