Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

suparnababu8
Frequent Visitor

How to restrict Date Hierarchy up to current date in a Slicer.

Hi @community15 

I have date in my data model from 1st January 2024 to 15th April 2024. Based on this I created a Calender table. When I drag this date into a slicer and by right clicking on date in the filed and check to Date Hirearchy. It is showing full months ( Jan 2024 to Dec 2024) and date for the year of 2024. 

I need only upto current date with date hirearchy option.(Year- 2024, Months - Jan,Feb,March and April, Day - upto 15th of April)

If any help that would be great.

Thanks in advance!!
@Como @mFabric  @Mic  @Ejemplo  @AilleryO  @timalbers @v-jageo @v-yangliu-msft @v-ani 

7 REPLIES 7
suparnababu8
Frequent Visitor

Just a note: If am enabling Hirearchy it's not working. without Hirearchy it's okay.

timalbers
Advocate V
Advocate V

If you only want to have it filtered for the slicer visual, you could simply add a rule in the Filter Pane on the right side for this specific visual, to only include dates until today (relative time) or until 15.04. (absolute value)

If date will updated automatically for eaxample 20th Apr 2024. So, it'll be updated automatically?

As I said, this is up to your configuration. In the filter pane you can choose between something like "is before [an absolute date]" or a relative date span like "is in the last 4 months (inluding/excluding today)". This is all up to you.

It's fine. But I dont want hard code it. It should be dynamic. Need help.

Joe_Barry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @suparnababu8 

Did you create you date table by using the Minx(Sales[Date]) and Maxx([Sales[Date]) ? This should only return the dates defined in the Sales Table

CALENDAR (MINX (Sales, [Date]), MAXX (Sales, [Date]))

Thanks

Joe

If you found my answer helpful and it solved your issue, please accept as solution

I tried. But, it's not working. It is showing entire months till DEC-2024.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.