Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

primolee
Helper V
Helper V

How to quickly manually enter data table with million rows

Hello everyone,

I have a fix data that won't change for a year but contains more than 1 million rows.  I don't want to store it in any kind of data sources such as database or sharepoint files because I don't want to refresh BI and retrieving these data which only changes once a year.

However, I tried to paste data in the grid of "Enter data", it only allows pasting less than 3000 cells at a time...

Another other way to get this done?

Thank you.

Best regards,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Reason not to import it from DB or csv is because data in this table only changes once a year, i want to minimize server loading of both BI Service and SQL server as much as possible.  I don't want the refresh time in Power BI Service taking too long because of this table.

I just found out a way by reading it from csv file

first at desktop, then turn off "include in report refresh".

This way that table will not take any time or any loading at all afterwards.

Thanks everyone!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @primolee 
You can directly export the data if it is in excel or CSV.

Why are you copy and pasting in the grid of power bi desktop .

Try this 

Uzi2019_0-1711968373100.png

I hope you dont have to manually enter the data if you have data available in any of the given datasource format..

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Reason not to import it from DB or csv is because data in this table only changes once a year, i want to minimize server loading of both BI Service and SQL server as much as possible.  I don't want the refresh time in Power BI Service taking too long because of this table.

I just found out a way by reading it from csv file

first at desktop, then turn off "include in report refresh".

This way that table will not take any time or any loading at all afterwards.

Thanks everyone!

MNedix
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

Why don't you export or copy/paste the data in a .CSV file and import it in Power Query? Then, then year after, you can do the same and simply append the new file to the old one (thus also keeping the old information for analytics purposes).

If this solved your problem then please mark it as the solution so others can see it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.