Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

etills
Frequent Visitor

How to make ARCGIS Map Dynamic with a slider

In the module that I am developing, I have a module that is utilizing a slider that has a list of states and a ARCGIS map that is synced with that slider. The idea of this panel is to allow the user to select a state from the slider, and the map highlights the state that has been selected. The problem I am currently having is that when a different state on the slider is selected, the map does not dynamically focus in on the new state that is highlighted, it stays hovering over the previous state selected.

etills_0-1704389562452.png

etills_1-1704389660241.png

Is there a setting on the ARCGIS Map that can help dynamically change this? And if I have ARCGIS Maps across my panels, could I have those dynamicaly focus in on the state selected as well? 

1 REPLY 1
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @etills 

For the issue you raised, here are the possible solutions:

Make sure that the data model has a relationship between the state field used in the slider and the state field in the dataset used by the ArcGIS map.

The slicer should automatically filter the ArcGIS map when a state is selected. If it doesn't, check the interactions between the slicer and the map by going to the "Format" tab, then "Edit interactions" and ensure that the slicer is set to filter the map.

vnuocmsft_0-1704937070283.png

To ensure the map focuses on the selected state, you may need to adjust the zoom level and center point dynamically. This feature is not natively supported in Power BI's ArcGIS maps, but you can try using bookmarks to capture different map states and link them to the slicer selections.

If the map is not updating as expected, check for any filters or visual-level filters that might be interfering with the interaction.

Ensure that the data types and formatting for the state fields are consistent across your datasets.

For more detailed information about ArcGIS map, you can check out the link below:

Create an ArcGIS map in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.