Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jos818
Frequent Visitor

How to hide drill up function upon mouse hover in a matrix and only retain drill through capability

Hi, I have a matrix built with drill through functionality enabled however I'd like to clean the interface a little by removing unnecessary menu options. Is there a way to remove the text showing Drill up once the mouse cursor hovers to the contents of the matrix and only show drill through?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @jos818 
Unfortunetly No, You can't hide the default option of power bi in anyway.  Like you cant do anything with default menu option.

I hope I answered your question. Please give kudos and accept it as a solution!

Thanks

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jos818
Frequent Visitor

Hi JorgoPinho, thank you for your reply. I'd already tried turning the neceaary header icons off but to no avail, the sub menu upom mouse hover stills shows Drill Up as an option. Is there another setting I need to disable?

As @Uzi2019  said you will only see the results once you publish it 🙂

Hi @jos818 
Please disable the following setting.
1) select your visual > go to general setting > open header icon

Uzi2019_1-1698922188621.png

2) disable the drill up icon

Uzi2019_2-1698922230079.png

3) You not see the changes of drill up icon disable on PBI desktop.

4) publish th report on PBI service . Now you will see modified changes. like below screen shot of PBI service not PBI desktop.

Uzi2019_0-1698922103948.png

I hope I answered your question!!!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

hello uzi2019, thanks for your response. I'd already published the dashboard and able to see the header option removed successfully from the icons on the top right of the visuals however I want the sub menu to have the Drill Up text hidden as well. any ideas?

pbi.jpg

hi @jos818 
Unfortunetly No, You can't hide the default option of power bi in anyway.  Like you cant do anything with default menu option.

I hope I answered your question. Please give kudos and accept it as a solution!

Thanks

JorgePinho
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello!

If you choose the visual and then go to the format pane you can select which header icons are available. See this image: 

JorgePinho_0-1698771198855.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.