Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

wandagerman325

How to fix QuickBooks PDF component missing on Windows 10?

I am encountering an issue with my QuickBooks 2022 version on Windows 10. I am constantly getting an error message saying, ‘QuickBooks detected that a component required to create PDF files is missing,’ which prevents me from printing documents and reports. I need assistance to fix the issue as soon as possible.

2 REPLIES 2
joanzenon245

Hi, @wandagerman325

Before directly moving to troubleshooting steps first, let’s know the common reasons behind the issue:

• You might be using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop while trying to print the documents.
  • Any damages or corruption in the Adobe Reader application.

Now, let’s move on to the below section to learn how to troubleshoot the QuickBooks missing PDF component on the Windows 10 (https://www.myminifactory.com/stories/quickbooks-missing-pdf-component-easy-effective-fixes-661502ca...) issue.

First, uninstall and then reinstall the Adobe Reader application to make sure any damage or corruption in the program is fixed.

If the issue persists, we suggest you download the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop; here’s how you can do so:

• In QuickBooks Desktop, click on the Help menu bar at the top.
  • Select Update QuickBooks Desktop from the dropdown options. It will redirect you to the Update QuickBooks Desktop window.
  • Now, move to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Updates checkbox to clear all the previously downloaded updates.
  • Finally, hit the Get Updates button and wait until the updates are downloaded.
  • Reopen the QB program and then click Yes to install the updates.

If these steps don’t help you fix the printing issues in QB, you can visit our detailed article.

Thanks for the solutions! I tried all of them, but unfortunately, none seemed to fix the QuickBooks PDF component missing. Just wanted to let you know in case there might be another solution or workaround. I'll also be contacting support to see if they have any further insights.

Quickbooks Help.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.