Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sania-F
Helper I
Helper I

How to display data in matrix until selected date in slicer.

I have a matrix which has data from  say 1990. It has many columns in it. I have a date slicer.

Now if I select 22 feb 2023 date in slicer, I should get all data from 1990 to 22 feb 2023.

if I select 1  sep 2009 date in slicer, I should get all data from 1990 to 1 sep 2009

Thankyou in advance.

@PowerBI @Dateslicer @dax @datetime @matrix 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sebastiandyrby
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

The default slicer has an option only choose the end date, and lets you set the start date for the slicer. So here you can set the start date to 1990, and then the user can only choose when the end date should be. So if you create your slicer and in Format visual > Slicer settings > Options select 'Before' under 'Style', this should do the trick.

I created a small example here, where I set the start date to 01-02-2023 and then the user can choose end date:

sebastiandyrby_0-1677075062020.png

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Sebastian

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sebastiandyrby
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

The default slicer has an option only choose the end date, and lets you set the start date for the slicer. So here you can set the start date to 1990, and then the user can only choose when the end date should be. So if you create your slicer and in Format visual > Slicer settings > Options select 'Before' under 'Style', this should do the trick.

I created a small example here, where I set the start date to 01-02-2023 and then the user can choose end date:

sebastiandyrby_0-1677075062020.png

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Sebastian

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have a problem. My end user do not want a start date. So right now trying to hide the start date thing.

And also other problem facing is - my dates are calculated using dax in a measure (they have year quarter mongh date). This measure is of type "text".when I try to change it to date , its failing. 

Year and quarter are displaying in sorted calendar order in matrix but month and date are sorted alphabetically. How to sort them based on calendar month vale and date. 

Data populating as -

Apr

Aug

Dec

Feb

Apr

Aug

But I want as

Jan

Feb

Mar

1-mar-2021

2-mar-2021

Jan

Feb

Mar

1-mar-2022

2-mar-2022

Please help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.