Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Berl21
Helper III
Helper III

How to calculate price values with a separate table- date condition

Hi,

I have a table with vouchers and their respective prices on the one hand and a table with a list of products on the other hand. The second table is built with a column containing the voucher names. Now, the difficulty is that we apply a different logic to prices according to the date the voucher was produced (prices only apply after a specific date).

In Excel I can fix this relatively easily by doing a look up with a condition based on the time column. But in PBI, as a newbie, I don't see how to model this to obtain the column with the correct prices.

I tried to:

- merge the tables and then add a column that filters out everything before the specific date

- make a relationship based on voucher names, then applying a date filter for everything that is before the said date

- add the voucher table as a separate table, then add the filter dimension

None of this worked so far, I either get the wrong prices including former time frames or no result at all.  I am sure there is an easy fix to this, but can't think of how to solve it as of now.

Would love to have some input on this.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Berl21 

Please post a sample data that we can easily manipulate as well as your expected result.  You can post a link to an excel file.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Berl21_0-1660502949272.png

Hi @danextian,

I get an error message when trying to post an excel. Hope this screenshot helps? I have simplified the issue by taking out the voucher columns and solely relying on request numbers.

I need to rebuilt column 3 of table 2 in PBI based on the request numbers and the condition "created date"> 08.10.2021. The sum should be 792 € instead of 1386€. How would you approach this?

Many thanks!

You can just  post a link to an excel file in a cloud storage (Google Drive/OneDrive/Dropbox, etc.)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Hi,

share the link from where i can download the PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.