Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Tummi
Frequent Visitor

How to build out filters to switch between whole fields?

To provide some context, I have to fields 'Order Errors' and 'Line Errors' with the columns having example entries such as

Order Errors:

- Sales Order 1

- Sales Order 2

- Sales Order 3

Line Errors:

- 2 Line Items

- 5 Line Items

- 2 Line Items

- 1 Line Item

I've tried making a new parameter that would help filter in between, but for some reason the parameter forces me to place it on an X-axis when building out any graphs. The ideal visual I'd want for it to look like would be the X-axis being the Name and the Y-axis being counts of order and line error when I filter to the desired selection. Is there something I'm missing in parameters that would allow me to do so, or is there another solution I can use to achieve this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Tummi ;

According to your description, you could try Field Parameter .Field Parameters allow you to dynamically change the measure being analysed within a report.

How to dynamically switch between measures in Power BI visuals with Field ParametersEditions (endjin...

Fields parameters in Power BI - SQLBI

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So I originally used the field parameters as you suggested and this was the issue I've been running into with the pictures provided below. For some reason my parameters are not being visualized whenever I try to place them in the y-axis. I'm wanting to display the x-axis showing names while the y axis indicating the values of order and line errors.

Would there be any other thing I'm missing with this?

X-Axis.png

Y-Axis.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.