Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Em3dream123
Frequent Visitor

How to Hide Columns Header in Matrix Table but still show sub columns header and value below

Hi, 

I am trying hide header part of Matrix table (PowerBI) Please see screen shot below to see what i am looking for

1.png

The expected format is below;

2.png

As you can see i would like to make header name like (A,B,C,D) is invisible. Currently im using a retangle to hide is, but is still can see if im resize or click in visual, Is there any other way than covering it with pictures?

Any Suggestion or Advise? Hope this is enough explanation. If you need more please let me know would be more than happy to share with you.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pi_eye
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @Em3dream123 

There isn't a formal way to achieve this, but it is possible to get something simlar with a workaround.

What you can do, is replace the values you wish with blank spaces, of course this is dependent on how much data you have.

To achieve this, I added a rank to my hierarchy to get a separate (low) rank number. I then used this number to create a column coprusing n blank spaces depending on the rank, if it was marked as invisible, or the level itself:

Lvl1 Rank = rankx(all(Sheet1[Lvl1]),
                CALCULATE(sum([Value]),ALLEXCEPT(Sheet1,Sheet1[Lvl1]))
                ,DESC
                ,Dense)
Lvl1 fmt = if(Sheet1[Invisible],REPT(" ",Sheet1[Lvl1 Rank]),Sheet1[Lvl1])
My data now looks like this for the hierarchies:
pi_eye_0-1699270848270.png

In Lvl1 fmt, the value is 6 spaces "      " for Lv1 = a

and 4 spaces "    " for Lvl1 = b

Applying this to the matrix makes the values appear "invisible" (but they are really just blank spaces)

pi_eye_1-1699270962027.png

HTH 

Pi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pi_eye
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Em3dream123  that's great to hear!  If so, can you mark my answer as correct please? 

pi_eye
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @Em3dream123 

There isn't a formal way to achieve this, but it is possible to get something simlar with a workaround.

What you can do, is replace the values you wish with blank spaces, of course this is dependent on how much data you have.

To achieve this, I added a rank to my hierarchy to get a separate (low) rank number. I then used this number to create a column coprusing n blank spaces depending on the rank, if it was marked as invisible, or the level itself:

Lvl1 Rank = rankx(all(Sheet1[Lvl1]),
                CALCULATE(sum([Value]),ALLEXCEPT(Sheet1,Sheet1[Lvl1]))
                ,DESC
                ,Dense)
Lvl1 fmt = if(Sheet1[Invisible],REPT(" ",Sheet1[Lvl1 Rank]),Sheet1[Lvl1])
My data now looks like this for the hierarchies:
pi_eye_0-1699270848270.png

In Lvl1 fmt, the value is 6 spaces "      " for Lv1 = a

and 4 spaces "    " for Lvl1 = b

Applying this to the matrix makes the values appear "invisible" (but they are really just blank spaces)

pi_eye_1-1699270962027.png

HTH 

Pi

im try your way , its quite good for me now, tks

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Em3dream123 

Unfortunately, we don't have the functionality to format separate column heathers by hierarchy level.

There is an idea that includes this issue please vote for it ( i voted) 🙂
https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=370a6312-dd80-eb11-8ced-501ac5245bf1

If the matrix is without side-scrolling you can hide it with small white shapes.

OR 
Create a report with report builder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB8IgUJZWVAhttps://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other

members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.