Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

VoltesDev
Helper IV
Helper IV

How do you visualize a log table to identify record changes ?

Hi guys,

Need some advice when we have a table contain data log history, and we want to visualize from time to time what are the changes being made (and maybe by who), what is the best way to visualize it ?

I don’t have any data yet, but I think like a common log table contain several field in our original table, let say if it is Sales Orders table, the log table may contain field such as item id, prices, qty, delivery date, status, modify (entry) by. So time to time in one sales order the value of the fields may change. And in each changes, this table log will record this, so there will be as much line (row) as the data changed. I would like to build a report that visualize this.

Probably the purpose (for start) is to find which field changed very often or whose the person that keep changing data.

Appreciate for any idea.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VoltesDev ,

Please review the following links, hope they can help you achieve the requirements.

Best ways to visualise your data in Power BI

DAX:

Record Changes

yingyinr_0-1651202194218.jpeg

Track price changes

Power Query:

How to track changes in the table in Power Query

If the above ones can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.