Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Julian101

How can make a slicer using a second table?

I have one table with many accounts which I would like a slicer to single out based on certain accounts.

i created a new table to single out the desired accounts but after joining the tables one to many and using the sclicer based on the new created table. All of the accounts still show up ( they have blank values but are still present) I want to exclude blanks from the results and I cannot find an option to do this.

IMG_5579.jpeg

Thank you in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Julian101 

You can try the following methods.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Main Table'[expense]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Created Table','Created Table'[Account]),[expense]=SELECTEDVALUE('Created Table'[expense])))

vzhangti_0-1698824818919.png

Is this the result you expect? Please see the attached document.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Julian101 

You can try the following methods.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Main Table'[expense]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Created Table','Created Table'[Account]),[expense]=SELECTEDVALUE('Created Table'[expense])))

vzhangti_0-1698824818919.png

Is this the result you expect? Please see the attached document.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Data-estDog
Resolver II
Resolver II

If you want your table to only show accounts to type "BANK". Add a filter to the visuals highlighted here: 

DataestDog_0-1698676442223.png

You can do the same with a slicer. The non-BANK type accounts will not show in the slicer, but the slicer will not filter until at least value is chosen in the filter. You can force it to always choose a single value in the properties. If you truely only will ever want one value chosen. But if it is a slider, or multi select, that won't work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.