Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lossouar

How can I hide a matrix line without using a filter in live connection ?

Hello,

I'm posting this request for help because I don't really know where to turn to avoid the problem I'm experiencing. Let me explain:

First of all it is important to specify that I must use a dataset in live connection mode and that I must not use Calculated Tables.

I need to create a data matrix which displays the cpu limits allocated to each line of the matrix. The lines used are as follows:

1. Cluster
  2. Owner
  3. Namespace

However, our Owner CPU limit data is not defined by the sum of our namespace CPU limits, which is why I had to create a matrix column with an empty namespace name that specifies the CPU limit of the Owner in question. As far as the Cluster is concerned, all I have to do is add up the CPU limits of the owners belonging to this Cluster.

I then applied the necessary filters to display the correct data. However, for usability reasons, I'd have to be able to make the row in the matrix that contains an empty namespace name "invisible", but when I apply a visual filter to hide this data, I can't recover the data that contains an empty namespace because of the visual filter.

What's more, I've read somewhere that in live connection the filters don't allow you to put an ALL for example to retrieve them despite the fact that the data isn't visible.

Have you ever encountered this problem, or if not, do you have any idea how to fix it?

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely

2 REPLIES 2
Gengar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Lossouar ,

Could you please share some sample data(after removing sensitive data) to help us understand your problem more clearly? Appropriate sample may help us understand and solve your problem faster.

Best regards,

Gengar

Thank you for your very responsive reply.

I am sending you the attached .pbix file :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RmWQtaoy65Krx_wFu942IxI7QJLa26fO/view?usp=sharing 

As you can see in the image below, I have an empty Namespace column which corresponds to the CPU Limit of the Owner positioned just above it, but when I set the filter not to display it, I still can't take into account the unfiltered data (i.e. those with an empty Namespace).

Document sans titre (7).png

Thanks again for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.