Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

flo_g

Hiding tooltip on matrix row headers while keeping the tooltip for values (November 2023 edition)

I've built a matrix visualization similar to this one, with stepped layout turned off:

Picture15.png

I've created a custom tooltip report page, which is currently displaying when moving the mouse over the values section, however in the row headers I still see the default tooltip which is not really providing value - and is actually quite annoying since it covers the information.

How do I disable the tooltip on the row headers while keeping the tooltip on the values?

It's the same issue as described here: Solved: Turn off Black tooltips on Matrix when using a Rep... - Microsoft Fabric Community but the solution to set transparency to 100% is not an option for me: I don't see that if I click on row or column headers, I'm not sure if it's a version issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @flo_g 

Please do this setting in Matris visual properties > tooltip configuration (I am using January version of Power BI)

PijushRoy_0-1707404053796.png

Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please make THIS ANSWER a SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the LIKE 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @flo_g 

Please do this setting in Matris visual properties > tooltip configuration (I am using January version of Power BI)

PijushRoy_0-1707404053796.png

Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please make THIS ANSWER a SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the LIKE 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

Thank you, that worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.