Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

iammrishoabeid
Frequent Visitor

Hide months without values

I have several graphs created for different project dashboards that contain an assortment of different data. At the moment, they are displaying several months with and without values such as seen in the image attached. I would like to limit the display to contain only the months with values. All empty months should be hidden from view.

Can this be achieved in Power BI? If so, can you guide me how to do that?

Screenshot 2023-11-02 100350.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

No problem! Open this pane:

ray_aramburo_0-1698938428916.png

Then you can perform something like this:

ray_aramburo_1-1698938530252.png

Keep in mind that you need to have the chart selected to have those cards there.

Did I answer your question? Give your kudos and mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Apply that same filter in the Count of Course Code card, not in the Month card. That should do it!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
iammrishoabeid
Frequent Visitor

Thanks again, @ray_aramburo. That was most helpful. I found and applied the filter as you have shown.

However, for some reason, the empty months are still displaying on the graph. I am assuming it is related to the calculations or settings applied to the card. I will see whether I can find additional information to help me further :).

The image attached is what I have tried. I did this using And / Or. I also tried it with "is not empty" and "is not blank" but neither have updated the visual so far. I will check the settings and other features.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 154122.png

Apply that same filter in the Count of Course Code card, not in the Month card. That should do it!

Awesome! Thanks a lot, @ray_aramburo. That worked like a charm :D. The chart is looking much nicer now.

sorted.png

ray_aramburo
Super User
Super User

Go to the visual filters in the filter pane and look for the measure/values card (in this case Number of Milestones). Then filter it by "is not blank".

Thanks for sharing, @ray_aramburo. Unfortunately, I still cannot find it as I am very new to Power BI. Can you please advise me where I can find the appropriate setting from the view I have attached?

I did noticed that in the "visulisations" pane, the Y-axis which contains the "Count of Course Code" is what shows the bars and their totals on the charts.

Once again, thank you for your help thus far and for your continued support.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 145841.png

No problem! Open this pane:

ray_aramburo_0-1698938428916.png

Then you can perform something like this:

ray_aramburo_1-1698938530252.png

Keep in mind that you need to have the chart selected to have those cards there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.