Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RanHo
Helper IV
Helper IV

HOW TO SHOW NAME IN VISUAL CARD BASE ON FILTER CHOICE

Good Day!  I just want to know if its possible to create a dax to show Name in Card Visual base on selected filter ( Transaction No) . Because when I directly put the name column on card its either First or Last Name will be shown on visual. My objective is to only shown Name on Card.   Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!
-Ran

TABLE DATATABLE DATA
RESULT 1RESULT 1
RESULT 2 AFTER UNCHECK TRANSCTION NO. (101)RESULT 2 AFTER UNCHECK TRANSCTION NO. (101)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RanHo ,

In your example, why does the card visual return PETER if 101 is not selected? Why does card visual return JHON if all Transaction Nos are selected?

I recommend using the CONCATENATEX() function. It will return all the names and dynamically change them based on the filtering of your filter.

Measure = CONCATENATEX(DISTINCT('Table'[NAME]),[NAME] ,", ") 

vstephenmsft_1-1700033438175.png

If the method I'm recommending isn't what you want, please provide more logical details about the expected result.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RanHo ,

In your example, why does the card visual return PETER if 101 is not selected? Why does card visual return JHON if all Transaction Nos are selected?

I recommend using the CONCATENATEX() function. It will return all the names and dynamically change them based on the filtering of your filter.

Measure = CONCATENATEX(DISTINCT('Table'[NAME]),[NAME] ,", ") 

vstephenmsft_1-1700033438175.png

If the method I'm recommending isn't what you want, please provide more logical details about the expected result.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

@v-stephen-msft Many thanks! It worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.