Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

maxduff59
Helper II
Helper II

Filtering two tables without relationship but with same values

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if it was possible to find a way to use one filter for two tables even if they are not related. Indeed, in my model, I cannot add relationship because it would create ambiguity with the other relationships. Here is an example of my table : 

maxduff59_0-1669214796578.png

I would like to have one filter which allow me to select a player but without creating two filters (one for each table). 
Thanks in advance for your time and your help

5 REPLIES 5
henkvankester
Helper I
Helper I

Maybe you should create an extra table with players. You need to create relationships between the new table and the two existing tables. You can use the player from the new table in your slicer. 

BiAnalyst
Frequent Visitor

As @henkvankester mentioned, I am not sure either what you trying to filter, but the second table seems like its finding the average distance for a player, if you create a measure in the first table to find an average distance by the player, I believe would solve your problem.

if not, Userrelationship is way to go.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/userelationship-function-dax

For exemple, here I would like one slicer which allows me to select one player.
For exemple, if I select "Joueur1" in my slicer I would like to have the table values of this player only for the table "Trainings" and the table "Games" even if they do not have a relationship.

henkvankester
Helper I
Helper I

I don't know what you want to filter, but maybe you should create an inactive relationship between these tables.

Next, you should make a measure like: 

CALCULATE( ..... , USERELATIONSHIP('nametable1'[joueurs], 'nametable2'[joueurs])

For exemple, here I would like one slicer which allows me to select one player.
For exemple, if I select "Joueur1" in my slicer I would like to have the table values of this player only for the table "Trainings" and the table "Games" even if they do not have a relationship

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.