Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jwhitf4770
Helper I
Helper I

Filter visual based on another visual, different datasets

I have several visuals on 1 page.    They are related to two different datasets which both have "owner" column.    When I ,click on my bar graph with the name,   I want the the tile summary in the other visual to change based on the owner selected in the bar graph.   Is there a way to dynamically apply a filter to a visual based on a value from another visual?

Thanks,

Justin

5 REPLIES 5
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jwhitf4770,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please share your data sample and the relationship you created, so that we can help further investigate on it? 

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have the bridge table built.   How do I apply it to AIM Request Completed?  Unfortunately I didn't design the data.

bridge tablebridge tableCapture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Several ways you can handle it check out this simple tutorial I put together. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuCIkLeqFmlhhJgzLZ6jPcWgLGu3Yw
Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Its all about Filter Context. There are several appraoches.  The simplest but most limited is to change teh Filter Direction on one or both of the relationships to Both.  You can also wrap your measure in a calcualte and specify CROSSFILTER as the filter or just put the other table name.  

Here is a tutorial I put together to help expalin filter context a little more. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuCIkLeqFmlhhJgzLZ6jPcWgLGu3Yw

Thanks I'm working through the examples.  The tough part is that "owner" is not unique in either table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.