Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

skolind
Frequent Visitor

Filter a visual based on results of another visual?

Dear Power BI community, 

I have two data sets: 

reported_sales:

cartypebuilt year  sold
car_1A201401/01/2021
car_2B201001/01/2022
car_3C202001/01/2023

our_fleet:

cartypebuilt year
car_4A2014
car_5B2010
car_6C2020
car_7C2020

I need to built a report page where I show the latest sold car from reported_sales:

So e.g. a table like this:

cartypebuilt year  sold
car_3C202001/01/2023

And in another table I need to show cars from our_fleet that match the latest sold car on 'type' and 'built year', which would look like the following table:

cartypebuilt year
car_6C2020
car_7C2020

How can I makea table visual that filters based on the results of another table with a different data set? 

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
skolind
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for your response. The solution works in the file you sent me, but ofc not when I am trying to implement it myself. So the [sold] daye corresponds to [reported sale] and for some reason the flag does not turn 1 in the first row where it should. Check = MAX('reported_sales'[Reported date])=[max date].

Any ideas why?

skolind_0-1692024589742.png

Share sample pbix file to help you.

Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

Based on your description, I created data to reproduce your scenario. The pbix file is attached in the end.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiUZ0Ws7G26RiWGHYw0fDHrbSrjf?e=RNaUtm

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Screenshot_4.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.