Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

learn4life
Frequent Visitor

Filter a slicer value and the data table updates with corresponding value

Power BI Community,

I am currently working on a power bi project and am looking for assistance. 
Scenario, let's say a user selects a value from the slicer this should update a data table with related values, for example, below is a sample table with 3 columns (country, operator, ownership) the slicer will be based on operator, so let's say Company A is selected then the data table should display Belgium and USA since it's involved in both countries.  In addition, for ownership it should only display the ownership for Company A.  Table 2 below shows the expected outcome.  Appreciate your help. 

countryOperatorOwnership
BelgiumCompany ACompany A (33.333%), Company B (33.333%), Company C (33.333%)
BelgiumCompany ACompany A (100%)
ChinaCompany BCompany B (100%)
ChinaCompany CCompany C (100%)
USACompany BCompany A (33.333%), Company B (66.333%)

Desired result 
OperatorcountryOwnership
Company ABelgium33.33%
Company AUSA33.33% 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@learn4life see attached, you need to transform the data in PQ. I have added the transformation steps to shape the data. You can use that and improve it as per your requirements.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@learn4life see attached, you need to transform the data in PQ. I have added the transformation steps to shape the data. You can use that and improve it as per your requirements.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@parry2k thanks this will get the job done. 

learn4life
Frequent Visitor

@MNedix @parry2k apologies for the confusion, Belgium 100% should show as well, I've cleaned up the outcome table to make things clear, hope this clarifies. 
Desired output

OperatorcountryOwnershipProject
Company ABelgium33.33%Project 1
Company ABelgium100%Project 2
Company AUSA33.33%Project 5

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@learn4life always tag the person to whom you are replying.  Just basics of communicating on the forum. Your last reply is not clear, it is the answer for which question? 

learn4life
Frequent Visitor

It's currently as text. Thanks

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@learn4life why the company A Belgium 100% is not showing?

MNedix
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

How is the percentage of Ownership calculated? Is this something coming from the source file as a percentage or txt?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.