Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AmyJPBI
Frequent Visitor

Field Parameters remove blank values

Hi,

I want my field parameters to only values that are populated and remove blanks. Is there a way i can override the parameter dax to remove them? As an example i am looking at my field parameter in a table format and i want it to filter out the blanks at the top for that field but not for other fields in the parameter.

AmyJPBI_0-1695978074596.png

My dax looks like this, i was hoping i could add some code to the collegue statement section to remove blanks when i select that in the parameter slicer. 

Roadmap_Parameter = {
    ("Selection 1", NAMEOF('Table 1'[Column 1]), 1),
    ("Selection 2", NAMEOF('Table 1'[Column 2]), 0),
    ("Collegue Statement", NAMEOF('Table 1'[Column 3]), 2)}

Thanks,
Amy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AmyJPBI ,

When two tables are linked through a regular relationship, the table on the one-side might contain the additional blank row in case the relationship is invalid. Thus, if the many-side of a regular relationship contains values that are not present in the table on the one-side, then a blank row is appended to the one-side table. The additional blank row is not added to the target of a limited relationship.
Regular and limited relationships in Power BI - SQLBI

vcgaomsft_0-1696240016720.png

1. Consider the repair relationship: the values of multiple ends are found in one end and are not null.
2. Or add a visual filter to the table visual.

vcgaomsft_1-1696240254391.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AmyJPBI ,

When two tables are linked through a regular relationship, the table on the one-side might contain the additional blank row in case the relationship is invalid. Thus, if the many-side of a regular relationship contains values that are not present in the table on the one-side, then a blank row is appended to the one-side table. The additional blank row is not added to the target of a limited relationship.
Regular and limited relationships in Power BI - SQLBI

vcgaomsft_0-1696240016720.png

1. Consider the repair relationship: the values of multiple ends are found in one end and are not null.
2. Or add a visual filter to the table visual.

vcgaomsft_1-1696240254391.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Do you know why you have blanks in that column in the first place?  Can you eliminate them there?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.