Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Divyasree
Frequent Visitor

Facing issue in selecting the week filter

Hi all,
In one of my report ,i have to select the week range which is showing as  the slider with the selected year. according to that we have to show the total task count .

Eg: selected the week in the range of the 8th week to 13th week  with year as 2023, next in the table view we used see the respected data related to that week, but here what is happening means 7th week data also included.  actually it shouldnot happen this.

In dataset also when we apply this same filter the task count is showing as 86, but when we checked in the database it is showing as the 90 count, how we can resolve this.
This is what the filter we are trying to do. here the week numbers are converted from one of the date column to week number.
How i converted that week format is, selected on specific date column and rightclick on it-->transform---->selected on week--->week of the year.

Divyasree_0-1714107173253.png
here 13/02/2023 is included.

Divyasree_1-1714107240051.png

Need help, still not able to find the way.

1 REPLY 1
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Divyasree 

After my testing, I have not encountered the same situation as you, in order to better help you, I have a couple of questions to check with you, have you performed any other actions? What is the data type of your date column? Do you have other tables associated with this table?

Could you please provide the PBIX file? That would be very helpful. Please remove any sensitive data in advance and please do not log into your account.

Here's my testing process:

My date range is 01/01/2023-29/04/2023

vxuxinyimsft_0-1714356143457.png

I copied a date column.

vxuxinyimsft_1-1714356178590.png

vxuxinyimsft_2-1714356332899.png

vxuxinyimsft_3-1714356349926.png

Result:

vxuxinyimsft_4-1714356425768.png

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.