Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gsalas
Helper II
Helper II

Expression.Error: Value=FALSE Type=Type

HELP!  Having serious issues with an attempted Merge Queries.  I am trying to merge an index key for the combination of Month, Year, and Keyword onto a Table with all leads.  Some of these leads will have a match in the index, but not all (since many of the leads are from other tactics like display).  When I merge the queries (Left Outer Join) and then attempt to exapnd the New Column so my index shows for each item, I get the following error message:

Expression.Error: We cannot convert the value false to type Text.
Details:
Value=FALSE
Type=Type

I cannot find this error anywhere else.  Since it is a left outer join, I should get an empty value NOT a FALSE values for every row where the match failed.  Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the issue.  Apparently two records in one of the index columns were labeled "FALSE" in the source excel data.  Power Bi cannot process cells in excel that have a classic error flag like "FALSE" "#NAME?" or "#DIV".  Once I cleared the records, the indexing worked beautifully.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

Maybe the issue is the Index Key (The combination).

Lima - Peru

I found the issue.  Apparently two records in one of the index columns were labeled "FALSE" in the source excel data.  Power Bi cannot process cells in excel that have a classic error flag like "FALSE" "#NAME?" or "#DIV".  Once I cleared the records, the indexing worked beautifully.  Thanks!

goda
Regular Visitor

Thank you for sharing, I was losing my mind with this error 😂 But after seeing your comment saying Excel special flags are to blame, I just saved the source file as a csv instead of xlsx and that fixed it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.