Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

marapdq1993
Frequent Visitor

Exclude a single field from a drillthrough filter

Hello,

I have set up a drillthrough functionality in my powerbi report. The source visual is a stacked bar chart with the attributes on the y-axis with the Value field as the legend (e.g. Very Poor, Poor, Good, Very Good). Values are based on count of respondents. 

See sample below for the source visual.

Source visualSource visual

In the drillthrough page, I added the attribute under the drillthrough filters. This is how it looks like in my report. 

Value screenshot.png

I want to be able to exclude the value field in the drillthrough so I can achieve something like the screenshot below in the drillthrough page. I tried to create a measure -> 

CALCULATE(COUNT([ID]), ALL('Table1'[Value])) but it doesn't seem to work. And just returns a single value instead of a stacked bar 😞 Is there a way to exclude the Value field?

drillthrough visual.png

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marapdq1993 ,

On drill through page, disable 'Keep all filters', then remove the columns you want to exclude from drill through filter.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@marapdq1993 , disable keep all filter, Then it will on pass values, which are given below in - Add drill through parameters here

Hello @amitchandak ,

Have I done it correctly? I disabled the keep all filter and added the other filters but it doesn't seem to work.

updated.png

Not sure if this will help but the other drillthrough fields are coming from a different data source and I just created a relationship with the survey responses data

@marapdq1993 , The one you want to exclude (do not want to pass in drill), should not be there in the list

Hi @amitchandak ,

I removed the Value field in the list but it always comes back whenever I drill through again. Will try if I can send a quick video. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.