Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SurendraD
Frequent Visitor

Errors while building the relation ship between Direct connected module and imported excel

Hi All,

I am trying to build relationships between direct connected module with imported excel module. but I am facing some erros while building.

FOD is direct conection 
Invoices is imported 

relation broking:

SurendraD_0-1710847283537.png

SurendraD_1-1710847318627.png

Requesting to all please help me to fix this 

1 REPLY 1
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SurendraD ,

From your description, it appears that you are encountering errors when trying to establish these relationships. Here are some steps that may help resolve the problem:

1. Ensure that the columns you are trying to relate to have matching data types and that both columns have corresponding values. Mismatched data types or missing values may prevent the relationship from being established.
  2. You are working with a complex data model, make sure that the structure of your model supports the relationship you are trying to create. Refactoring the model or using bridging tables can resolve relationship issues. For more insights on data model relationships, this article may be helpful:
    Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

I also recommend that you read the following documentation, which may be helpful in solving your problem:
Composite model guidance in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Model relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.