Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Jame5_Blonde2
Helper I
Helper I

Error Occurs During "Refresh All" in Desktop - Only When Retrieving Additional Rows?

Hello,

I've encountered a peculiar problem with ALL MY reports/datasets in Power BI Desktop, and I'm hoping you can assist me with it.

During troubleshooting, I've focused on one small report (it´s own dataset) with a couple of tables.

The problem is that the dataset that is not refreshing when I expand/fetch the amount of rows in one (or more) of the tables.

In this example, I have three different data sources from two different servers. The settings are configured with credentials set to "database" and privacy settings set to "organizational". The report has been functioning without any issues for at least six months others several years. 

Here are the troubleshooting steps along with some snippets:

1. Initial loading: all OK/GOOD.

Load.png

2. Changing date range in query (+40 days more history).

ChangeFrom160daysto200.png

3. Pre-load: OK.

preloadOK.png

4. Refresh All (refresh button)

Refresh All.PNG

4. Single refresh of error table (f_2ndLine): OK.

refresh single_error.PNG

5. Publish report with more rows to service - refresh: OK

serviceOK.png

I'm experiencing the same issues on all my datasets/reports in desktop (not service) it starts refresh/load ok (all tables) but eventually stops loading... 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jame5_Blonde2
Helper I
Helper I

This is network related - when connecting On site (I work remote) everything is working fine. If you encounter this or similar contact IT (Network/Security) and continue from there. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jame5_Blonde2
Helper I
Helper I

This is network related - when connecting On site (I work remote) everything is working fine. If you encounter this or similar contact IT (Network/Security) and continue from there. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What's the timing for the failure? always after the same amount of seconds.

No it´s different everytime. My internal network is also experiencing ping spikes (bloathing) so this could be related to loosing connection to long causing the error. I will continue to update you guys in this thread when i´m finished troubleshooting. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.