Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

T_BZH
Frequent Visitor

Erratic filter / Slicer behavior

Hello,

I have a very erratic behavior on one of my Power BI dashboard and I can't figure it out.
I use a very simple measure where I calculate the number of rows in a table removing filters on "Customers":

VAR _test = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Data extract'),ALL('Data extract'[Customer]))

I works just fine, until I use the synchronized slicers on the "Filter" tab, when I do so the amount of rows depends on the customer slicer as well, meaning the amount of rows reflects the selected slicers values (as expected) but the "Customer" slicer as well, which is not as expected along with it does happen only when I change the "Filter" tab slicers

I checked table relations (very simple as it is only connected to the date table), it does not happen when on a brand new tab, I tried Filter, Keepfilter, etc ... with no luck

Does anyone has ever experienced the same? Is there any context transfer issue you can figure out?

Thanks for your help!
2 REPLIES 2
v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @T_BZH ,

Viewing Slicer Synchronization Settings: Ensures that the Client slicer is not inadvertently synchronized with other slicers.
You can manage this setting by going to the View menu, selecting Synchronize Slicers, and then reviewing each slicer's settings to ensure they are configured as expected.

Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vkongfanfmsft_0-1709606024669.png

If the problem persists, please provide relevant screenshot information and describe it.

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear @v-kongfanf-msft 

Thank you for you prompt reply.

Slicers do sync from home page to problematic tab, it is as designed and expected, the thing is that behavior becomes problematic only when I move some slicers like "Date", "Country".
For example :

Formula :  VAR _test = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Data extract'),ALL('Data extract'[Customer]))

6 lines in my table :

T_BZH_0-1709626433078.png

1 - No action (No filters)

VAR_Test returns 6

2 - Customer A is selected with no other filter on "Home" tab

VAR_Test returns 6 (Works!)

3 - Country slicer selects "CA" on "Home" Tab (No other filter)

VAR_Test returns 2

4 - As Country Slicer is still selecting "CA" I select Customer "A"

VAR_Test returns 1 <- This is what I mean, as I remove filters on Country it should still count 2

Hope this clarify my situation, I did not provide screenshots as Data is a way more complex.

Thanks again for you help Community!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.