Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

WJ876400
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dont summarise charts

Hi,

I have a set of data that shows staff members names, their potential caseload and their current caseload. This is so I can visualise which staff member is near capacity or below. Each row has the capacity and current but when I put them in a bar chart or any chart it uses the count and I cant select dont summarise. I want to show the below -

WJ876400_0-1713276460012.png

there does not seem to be a chart I can use as it sums or counts and gives me an incorrect figure. Is there a way to get round this.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Something like...

Capacity = 
LOOKUPVALUE('tablename'[CapacityColumn], 'tablename'[StaffName], SELECTEDVALUE('tablename'[StaffName])

will return the capacity value from the table where the staff name in the table matches the staff name of the current context.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Thennarasu_R
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@WJ876400 

We can't give the don't summarize option in bar cahrt there is no option what u required ,That option avaliable in table visuals . If u wnat the don't summarize  either you should covert the text column or Created on calculation with text data type main column may be you will use to some caluculation also.

Thennarasu_R_0-1713334183112.png

Thennarasu_R_1-1713334224162.png

Thanks,
Thennarasu 

v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @WJ876400 ,
I’d like to acknowledge the valuable input provided by @jgeddes . His initial ideas were instrumental in guiding my approach. Here's another way you can reach your goals:
You only need to use SELECETEDVALUE to get the values in the columns, and the columns distributed by the Y-axis of the chart will sort the different values

Series 1 = SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Caseload capacity])
Series 2 = SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Current Caseload])

Final output

vheqmsft_0-1713333389659.png

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

jgeddes
Super User
Super User

What are the data types of the caseload capacity and current caseload columns? 
In theory, any column that is formatted as number should be able to have the summerization removed.

They are both numbers with no decimal place. It does not give me the option to remove summarisation on the axis for the visual

Thanks. I think I have a better understanding of your request now. 
There are no 'remove summerization' options for any of charts. 
You should be able to use measures to return the values you are looking for if you do not want the default summerizations. 
LOOKUPVALUE will work in situations where you have unique values (no blank rows) in the source table.

thank you appreciate the help, apologies how would I write the measure using the lookup?

Something like...

Capacity = 
LOOKUPVALUE('tablename'[CapacityColumn], 'tablename'[StaffName], SELECTEDVALUE('tablename'[StaffName])

will return the capacity value from the table where the staff name in the table matches the staff name of the current context.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.