Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

electrobrit
Post Patron
Post Patron

Distribute one time or monthly revenue based on close date

I have found great resources based on start and end date but for the life of me I can't wrap my head around what it's doing to adapt to my need based on closed date and having 2 different criteria (monthly or one time or both).
Scenario is this:
for an opportunity, we may have revenue (one-time) or revenue (monthly) or both that we'd start allocating the month after the projected close date. (see below-the gray it was is currently being done manually) until the total revenue is reached.

electrobrit_0-1610043329147.png

Is there a way to do this where we don't have to manually do it? 
Thanks for any insight! 

3 REPLIES 3
electrobrit
Post Patron
Post Patron

Would anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Dax help needed!

I can create the 1x column easily and recurr column easily.
what is the dax for it to begin calculating the month following the close date and if needed,  monthly for the # of months in revenue-months column to equal the revenue total? (in some cases it's both)
I like @lbendlin's idea except I am not understanding how to factor in date and/or how do I set this up?
THANK YOU in advance for your help.

electrobrit
Post Patron
Post Patron

@lbendlin Columns H and I are manually input also. Good idea though. How does the close date get factored in?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It doesn't really matter if it is one time or recurring.  What you can do is subtract the value of columns H plus I from the value of column E each month until there is nothing left. That should be a rather simple formula.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.