Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bananoo

Displaying An Icon to launch an application URI

Hi all,

I don't know if this is possible and haven't been able to find a thread so far to help. Basically I'd like to open a Dynamics NAV page for a record within a Power BI table, filtered based on a column value. 

I'm able to create the shortcut text, which will perform as expected if simply turned into a shortcut, but because the URI is dynamicsnav:// rather than https, setting the data category to web url doesn't appear to work.

What I would like is for the column to just show a link icon (could be anything) that will launch the URI for the user.

Does anybody know if this is possible please?

If not I can simply link it to the web client using an https uri, but my users have more familiarity with the Windows client so it was just a preferred option to try this way.

Thanks

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vicky_
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, using URLs that don't start with one of the ones listed on this page doesn't seem to be an option (for security reasons, I assume)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bananoo

OK thanks.

vicky_
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, using URLs that don't start with one of the ones listed on this page doesn't seem to be an option (for security reasons, I assume)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.