Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

KEO46
Helper I
Helper I

Display values in a slicer based on selection from another slicer

I have a fact table that list all assets that users have on hand.  In my report I have two slicers for users to filter the data on. 

Slicers

Product Name

Asset Owner

To elimate user confusion if of a user selects a  Product Name in the Asset Owner slicer I only want names to display that have the product.  Keep in mind both slicers have the abilty to select multipule  values.  How can I do this?  If you have a video or link please provide it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

By default, slicers from the same table will filter each other.  In my example Continent and Country are from the same table and when I select a continent, only the countries that match are show.

jdbuchanan71_0-1715813582527.png

If you want to make is so one of the slicers does not filter the other, you can select the slicer you want to change the behavior of and go to Format > Edit Interactions and change the setting to not filter.  In the screen shot below I am setting the country slicer to not filter the continent slicer.  

jdbuchanan71_1-1715813793128.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

By default, slicers from the same table will filter each other.  In my example Continent and Country are from the same table and when I select a continent, only the countries that match are show.

jdbuchanan71_0-1715813582527.png

If you want to make is so one of the slicers does not filter the other, you can select the slicer you want to change the behavior of and go to Format > Edit Interactions and change the setting to not filter.  In the screen shot below I am setting the country slicer to not filter the continent slicer.  

jdbuchanan71_1-1715813793128.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.